Saturday, February 4, 2012

Belated Birthday Cake

When Rebekah turned 4 a couple of weeks ago, she and all the girls were fighting a horrible cold. I couldn't bear to give them a lot of sugar, so we made a simple apple dessert sweetened with honey for the occasion. However, I promised Rebekah that once they were all better, we would have a special cake, as the girls always look forward to this when their birthdays roll around.

So on Thursday, they helped me mix up the batter and bake the cake. Yesterday, while they were down for rest time, I decorated it. It was a simple idea that went together so fast and was composed of ingredients that I had on hand.  My girls are crazy about animals, so this was a great match all round.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...