Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Dozen Things I Have Been Given for no Reason at All

These thoughts were a blessing to me on several bleary-eyed mornings this week when I was especially tempted to complain or have a pity party. I wanted to post this on Thanksgiving, but due to a little girl getting very sick, several sleepless nights, and in general being behind, it didn't happen.



A Dozen Things I Have Been Given for no Reason at All

The Holy Spirit is shed abundantly over me. (Titus 3:5-6)

I am loved more than I can ever understand. (Eph. 3:19)

I am completely free from sin's power. (Romans 6)

I am accepted in the Beloved. I am received. (Eph. 1:6; Rom. 15:7)

I am called a friend of Jesus. (John 15:15)

I am blameless in His sight. (Col. 1:22)

I am kept by the power of God. (1 Pet. 1:5)

I am chastened as a beloved son. (Hebrews 12)

I am watched over. (Ps. 34:15)

I have all that pertains to life and godliness. (2 Pet. 1:3)

I have access to the Father at the throne of grace. (Eph. 2:18; Heb. 4:16)

I have eternal life. (1 John 5:11)


God did not have to give me any of these things. There is no reason why He should. In fact, there is every reason why He shouldn't!

He did it because He is so, very gracious.


For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” (2 Corinthians 8:9)  

2 comments:

  1. Kelsie, this is breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you for sharing this list of God unfathomable blessings. My He open the eyes of our hearts to grasp more fully the riches of our inheritance in the saints! (Eoh. 2:14-21). I love and appreciate you more than you can imagine. Blessings, Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, sorry to be so late in responding to your comment! This list has blessed me too, and continues to do so. God is good to give us so much--more than we ever realize. Thank you so much for your sweet, encouraging words!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...