Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My 30th Birthday and Easter

April and blogging have just not gone together very well! Yes, I am still alive, and I'm hoping my poor blog still is too.

In case you're wondering what I've been up to, sleeping and eating take up most of my spare (and not so spare) time these days. And in between those activities, the laundry must go through, right? And someone has to make all that food for me... I mean, for our family to eat. :)

So, blogging has sort of taken a back burner...and that's ok. Growing a baby is way more important. :)

At long last, however, here are a few pictures.

30th Birthday!

I celebrated a very blessed birthday on April 13th! I love being thirty, but I am genuinely shocked as to where the 20's went to!?

Denise made me this cute cake! It's the first time someone's baked a cake for me in 8 years!

A cute cake eater...

...and her cute sister too!

Abby could hardly wait for me to open her gift, a card she had
written for me all by herself!


Easter

Ukraine celebrated Easter one week after the U.S., and it is a HUGE holiday here! Traditionally, Ukrainians bake Paskha bread to eat on Easter morning. If you walk outside on the Saturday before Easter, you will see lines of people walking toward the nearest church, with their bread in a little basket covered with an embroidered cloth or towel. They are taking the bread to be blessed by the priest.

Our "Paskha" was blessed by God. :) A friend of mine from church baked it for us.

Our church had a wonderful Easter service, after which we enjoyed a nice meal as a family.



He is RISEN!!

2 comments:

  1. It's always so fun to read your blog updates, Kelsie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laurel! That's an encouragement to me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...